As much as I’m ready for the fall and the holidays, the summer has been pretty awesome. It was nice to light up the grill and spend the days at the pool. It the easy, breezy time of year. I’m sucking it all up like my vodka lemonade!
I figured that now that Brooke is 18 months old, I would see if she was allergic to shellfish. Which, I’m proud to announce she is not. I made these simple yet perfect, Charred Texas Pete Fiery Sweet Shrimp on Sunday for the adults and a few plain ones for her. She didn’t care for it as much as the fresh grilled corn that she annihilated. She put her new teeth to work. Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce is a righteous dipping sauce for the plain, grilled shrimp. I would grill up a bunch of these shrimp and serve with cold beer for the next outing for a real deal, southern food experience.
- 2 lbs. 12-15 ct. jumbo shrimp
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Texas Pete® Fiery Sweet Wing Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Season shrimp with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high and cook shrimp 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and in a large bowl combine with Texas Pete® Fiery Sweet Sauce and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh cilantro and serve.